With the new year and resolutions in full swing we have noticed that it's a lot busier at the gym and in the produce section of the grocery store (yay!). We love that this time of year encourages fresh starts and healthy habits! Even if you don't have any health-related resolutions, working more fresh food into your diet is always a plus! Here are ten of our favorite healthy recipes... 1. Salads! There are so many different ways to make a delicious salad. We've shared a few of our favorites here, here and here.
3. Brussels Sprout Chips are a great light snack. They are perfect for a crunchy/salty craving!
4. Have you tried making apple chips at home? They are delicious.
5. If you love pickles you will love this recipe. So yummy!
6. This sushi salad recipe is one of my favorites. It's spicy and delicious.
7. This citrus salad is beautiful and refreshing.
8. Have you tried a green smoothie challenge? We've both had great experiences. It's perfect for people who don't like to eat dark greens otherwise. (cough-cough, my husband)
9. Oatmeal is a delicious healthy breakfast choice. Have you read our Homemade Oatmeal 9 Ways? Spoiler: peanut butter and jelly was my favorite.
10. Mustard Baked Brussels... so good.
If you aren't a big fan of water try these easy infused waters. I always keep mint in my fridge for days when I'm not in the mood for water!
If you have a juicer, try some of my favorite combinations! I'm craving that green juice right now.
If you love cocktails, but are trying to cut down on sugar, try my mojito recipe. It's still sweet, but much lighter than many sugary drinks. As a rule of thumb, any cocktail made with a base of club soda instead of sprite or gingerale is a better choice when you are trying to limit sugar. :) This is a good one too.
What are your favorite healthy recipes? Feel free to share links in the comments for us to check out! xo. Elsie