Dear ABM Renters, we have heard your cries! Today we're here to share 30 projects that are great options in a rented space! Yes, it's true. Emma and I are no longer renters, but we were for most of our twenties. Now, if only we could time travel and try all these cute ideas in our rented spaces!
Today we want to share easy, fun, DIY ways to customize your rented space without losing your security deposits. Enjoy!
1. Yellow Painted Chairs. Painting thrifted chairs all one color is one of the easiest ways to create a cohesive look on a budget in your dining room. It's amazing what just a coat or two of paint can do!2. Tips For Choosing Color For Your Home. Just because you can't paint your walls doesn't mean you can't play with color in your space!3. Pallet Vertical Garden. This vertical garden is an awesome solution for covering a metal fence and creating privacy in a rented yard!4. Here are Five Tips For Adding Green To Your Home.
5. DIY pillows are such a quick and easy way to add personality to any space!6. DIY Shelving Unit: Two Ways. This project is a great way to create instant open storage (that's pretty too!) in your rented space.7. Emma created this amazing rustic table with pallets in her current home. I LOVE it!
8. A cocktail cart is always a good idea! No matter how teeny tiny your rented space, I bet you can spare a nook for a cute beverage cart. It's great for entertaining!
9. These chalkboard planters are fun to make and great for growing your own herbs at home!10. Wall art made from paint samples? Yes, please!11. This starburst mirror is so incredible. P.S. One tiny nail hole in the wall never hurt anyone. ;)12. This modern magazine rack is so fun- AND portable!13. His and Her Pillow Cases. So sweet for newlyweds!14. If you have kiddos, this DIY Kitchenette is probably the cutest thing ever. DIY holiday gift idea??15. Need a versitile rolling shelf? This DIY industrial record cabinet is just that!16. One of my favorite projects from last year was this braided rug. I used it in my kitchen for a year, which is longer than I've ever kept a retail kitchen rug!17. DIY Kitchen Wall Art.
18. One more kiddo DIY. I love these DIY cardboard playhouses. Perfect for pretty much any (or no) occasion!19. DIY Fabric Garland Chandelier.20. Fabric Covered Storage Boxes.21. Make fun shelves from an old ladder?22. DIY Tree Stump Side Tables.23. Planting A Simple Cacti Garden.
24. Something fun with washi tape! Best part- it's totally easy to remove!25. Make Your Own Photo Wall Clock.26. This DIY Jewelry Display could go in any bedroom!27. Magnetic Spice Storage is perfect for those kitchens that might be a little short on counter space.
28. Fabric Lined Built-In Shelves (it's totally removeable!!)29. Color Block Mood Board. I love it so much and want to make one! Perfect for staying inspired during the upcoming depressing, I mean "winter", months.30. And if all of that wasn't enough, here are 10 Tips For Decorating Small, Rented Spaces.
What do you think, renter friends? Are you inspired to decorate?! xo. Elsie