Today Kelli Murray is back to share 5 ways to style a maxi skirt! Maxi skirts are one of our favorite pieces to mix and match this season so we invited Kelli to share her styling magic with you!
1. Pairing a solid bold maxi with a brightly patterned top is sure to make a statement. I finished the look with an oversized mens watch, a chain crossbody bag, and a side bun. This is something I would wear to a "not too fancy, not too casual" party (you know those ones!?) Perhaps a baby or bridal shower. I've found it's never a bad thing to be somewhere in between!
2. For more of a casual everyday look, I like to pair a maxi skirt with a graphic tee. I topped off the look with a homemade flower crown and feather satchel to give it just a touch of "boho". I would wear this outfit to a picnic at the park or on a trip to the farmers market.
3. One thing I love to do with clothes is mix fabric types and textures. And I love to pair something super feminine with something more edgy. So I did that here with this outfit. This denim and leather jacket was the perfect contradiction to my lace maxi. To give it some color, I added pops of neon in my accessories. This could be a good look to wear to an art event or concert.
4. Probably the easiest way to style a maxi skirt is with your favorite blouse. A black maxi is EXTREMELY versatile, so there are a lot of directions you can go in styling it. I wore mine with my favorite polka dot blouse, black heels, vintage hat, and eyeglasses. For a bit more color, you can always add a coordinating bag, as i did. Fitting for a modest business meeting.
5. The best thing about a maxi skirt with an elastic waistband, is that it can double as a dress! To define a waistline, it's best to wear it belted. For a day look, I paired the dress with a loose knit cardi, an oversized mint tote, a floral head wrap and some sunnies. I'm ready for lunch and shopping :)